Friday, November 07, 2008

Nanowrimo Day 7 - 11,940

“Well, like I said, as far as I know they are what you’d call a localized phenomenon.  They’re Appalachian werewolves.  Like good ole boys who tear it up on the weekend, except they happen to be secretive, cursed, half-wolf creatures hell-bent on murder.  Although, I ain’t convinced they’re all hell-bent on murder.  I seen one outside Big Pig’s pub one night, ‘bout two in the a.m.  I didn’t have my gun on account of being off duty and drunker than hell.  I thought I was likely a goner.  Conventional werewolf wisdom is they’d assume kill you as look at you, but this one was just lookin’ at me.  I put my hands up like I was under arrest, too.  Said ‘easy there boy,’ and told it I weren’t keen on killin’ or being killed.  You know, I swear, it tilted its head like it was trying to figure what I was sayin’.  Then it sort of grunted and took off.  It could of killed me if it had a mind to.  It just didn’t.  And for the life of me, I can’t figure what that means.  Does it mean they’re more like people than they get credit for?  That there’s good and bad, like regular folks?  I don’t know, but I might think twice before takin’ a shot at one.”  Lyle fell silent and glowered at the heads along the wall.  “Let’s get out of this room.  It’s stuffy.”


Comments:
Damn son, there are a whole lot of great lines in that there dialog. My hat goes off t'ya.

This Saturday and Sunday I'm gonna be gettin' myself into a durn word deficit, but mark my text here, I'm gonna come back in a mean way next week, with nothin' to do but interview, perhaps hike some, and sit at my desk here and write my fingers off.

Mark this text now!
 
This text has been marked. Darkly marked...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]