Sunday, November 09, 2008

Nanowrimo Day 9 - 15,119 words

            Callista laughed.  She could not help it.  “I’m sorry, you expect me to believe you when you say my uncle John killed your grandfather, and that it’s common knowledge?  Don't you have laws around here?”

            “Oh we have laws.  But my granddaddy was a werewolf, and you ain’t got rights when you’re a monster.”

            “But wouldn’t your grandfather have been a person most of the time?”

            “People don’t eat live chickens by the dozen like damned super foxes.”

            Callista furrowed her brow, feeling as if she were treading water.  “Is that all he did, was kill chickens?”

            “That I know of, anyway.”

            “And you think he should have died for that?”

          


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]