Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Poetries.

Poetry...

Most of the time, I don't think much of poetry. Often, when asked, I'm like, "poetry, pfft. Whatever." But sometimes I remember that I actually have a favorite poem, and I get the book out and read it. It doesn't make me want to write poetry--I tried once for a class and it was a little like trying to teach a car to make love to a baby deer: hard to do--but it makes me want to write better.

So here is the super-nerdy part where I share my favorite poem with you. It's called "The Bear," by Galway Kinnell, and it has everything! Poop, blood, death, um, blubber...bears. Yeah.

THE POEM!!!!

Comments:
Whoa, that poem made me squirm just a little bit. In fact, I am still squirming. Thank you for sharing Kinnell's work with us!
 
that was awesome as i read it i was imagining all of those scenes in my head. that was a cool piece of poetry thanks for shareing.
 
remember when Wier read the poem the bear out loud to the class to help with the discussion of the Bear story?
 
all this time, and i haven't commented. here i go:

that was a nice poem. it made me feel warm inside. not so much good warm, as bad warm.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]