Thursday, June 01, 2006

Update-City.

Geez, It's been a long time since I posted. I guess I've been busy! James and Andrew came to visit and we had a damned fine time. We went here:That's Hamilton pool from inside the overhang. We went swimming here and it was super cool. Here's the thing from beach-side:We also saw the movie Showgirls at the drafthouse (for comedy, it was the Sinus Show.) We grilled out and drank beer, ate cookies, etc. Me and James had some sweet times playing some music.

Since then I've been taking it easy, playing Dragon Quest 8 again, and overdubbing and mixing down about ten or so mysterious songs for some CD or another that, I hear, some weirdo with a little too much time might have made a stupid teaser for some other weirdos that will get this CD when somebody, I don't even know, comes to some other such state that isn't Texas but still starts with a T. I hear. And I don't know, word is (from somewhere or another) that somebody, maybe named Ian, really needs not one, but two different CDs mailed to him(or was that three, or four?), and some other dude I heard about assures this so-called Ian that he hasn't forgotten, but he might have forgotten the adress to send this CDs somebody might have talked about or so on and such and such. Supposedly.

We are excited about coming to Tennessee next week.

Comments:
oh no. oh no you didn't. did you just post a preview of what just might be a host of new sweetness songs?

you can't do that to us. how are we supposed to hold in the excitement that such an album is bound to release?

oh lord, bring this cd to me while i sleep in my straw bed! glory!
 
Yeah, I did. Sorry. The new CD should have ten or eleven songs (depending on whether I scrap one for being extra-crapass.) When we were recording the songs I was a little worried, but now that I'm adding some overdubs and mixing them down (I'm adding some drums and a dash of synth and toy instruments, but that's all), I gotta say I'm feeling pretty good about it! As far as how it was made, it's the closest to the very first Sweetness. That is, mostly a bunch of ad-libbed shit with a dash of mildy thought-out material. (As opposed to the last one which was a bunch of crap with blank spaces left for james to sing or play guitar over.)

I was worried about it at first because I forgot to tell James to bring his guitar, so the initial mix was just me on acoustic bass and james on drums, and for some reason Jame's guitar always sat in the back of the mix. So all the songs sounded terribly spare. It turns out they just needed a bit of mixing! And some drums. I promise to be finished mixing it so that I have some copies in hand when I roll into Tennessee. Here's a tentative track list:

The Reunion
Sand
Lady
Night Eyes
Potato Cakes, Part One
I thought I'd say Hey
Card Captors
Twirly Joe
Potato Cakes, Part Two
Yo Soy de Aqui
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]